What is WPS Pin and how to locate it on HP Printer?
Are you detecting a method to connect your printer to a wireless network? Rather, you have located a one but are incompetent to install the safe connection? Well, later reading this instruction, you will be ready to build a safe WiFi connection by the WPS pin.
What is the WPS pin?
WPS is a stand for “Wifi Protected Setup”, and the WPS Pin assists you to connect the gadget over a wireless network. You can verify and validate a network connection by typing this 8 digit pin to the wireless router/access point.
For the device-network connection method, you will need an individual pin that can both be viewed from your wireless router or of the printer control panel itself. Any of the new model printers without being shown create the WPS pin on the network configuration document.
To utilize the Wi-Fi-protected setup pin process, you will want to connect to a WPS2 or WPA safest network; more, it won’t operate with unsecured networks.
How to locate it on HP Printer?
Till promptly would you own got to know what WPS pin is!
But do you know how to get it? To locate this pin, you want to choose the method as per your printer model. You can own 2 kinds of printer models:
- HP Printer with display (Control Panel).
- And the HP printers without display.
Instead, you can too locate the pin WPS at the end of your wireless router. It can be at the end or below your network router.
Helpless to locate it on your router? Don’t worry; we will show you the stepwise method to get the pin from your printer. Gather the following information before progressing more.
- Connect your printer with your local home wireless network.
- Your router needs to utilize WPA or WPA2 security.
- Fill your printer with paper.
- Assure you have finished the printer setup method.
- Download the HP Smart application on your mobile phone.
Method 1: WPS pin for Printer with display
If your HP printer has a press control panel, later you can quickly get the pin from its appearance. Verify out the steps here
- Switch on your printer and install a connection with the wireless network.
- Presently, ready for your printer’s control panel show to get available.
- Snap Settings (Gear icon) on your printer.
- Instantly scroll the file and snap Network Setup.
- Press the Wireless Settings choice.
- Hence snap Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and later choose the selection PIN.
- Your printer will show an 8-digit WPS pin.
- You can immediately utilize this pin to connect the devices commonly on a wireless network.
Method: 2 WPS pins for a printer without display
To make the pin from the hp printer setup without a control panel, you can follow those steps. Here you will want to print the network configuration document and get the pin.
Further, download the HP Smart application on your mobile, because you will own to utilize it while using the method.
- Initially, switch on your printer and load paper on the feeder plate.
- Instantly touch & operate the Wireless and Cancel button for 3 seconds.
- Later that, the power icon light starts flickering, which displays the printer is available for setup mode.
- Instantly on your mobile phone, move to the Settings menu.
- And next snap the Wi-Fi.
- Snap your Printer Name, and when helped for a password, then type 12345678.
- Instantly open the HP Smart application on your mobile phone.
- Snap the ➕icon to add your printer to the Smart application.
- Instantly snap Printer Settings on the main page of the HP Smart application.
- Next, scroll down to the Tool part and snap Printer Reports.
- Instantly choose Network Configuration Report.
- Help for your printer to print the document, and you can view the WPS pin for HP Printer on the head of it. That pin is valid for five minutes; you may follow a similar method to repeat to get the pin if it terminates.
Instead, you can also print the network configuration document by following the below method.
- You want to guarantee your printer is switched on.
- Fill the papers into the tray.
- Instantly, touch & continue the Wireless and button for 3 seconds.
- More, your printer will be available for setup.
- Instantly your printer will print the HP network configuration document.
- View the WPS pin on the document.
Surely, after following those moves, you will get the WPS Pin for Printer HP happily; Instead, you can also utilize the WPS Push Button process to install a connection.
If you locate any query during executing the method, you can communicate with our HP support specialists and get their help.
We are an established third-party technical support team, we are not at all associated with any other party or company directly. We sincerely respect other company’s brand names, and logos as well as products. We assure that these are used at our interface only for reference purposes, these do not relate with any category directly. We are totally independent company and we maintain the work and support as a third party only.