HP OJPRO 8216 WIRELESS SETUP
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer connect to the network so you can use different web services such as ePrint, Smart Print, etc. Follow the steps below for the wireless installation.
- Gather your network name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase or your network password.
- Ensure that your router is enabled and that the system is connected to the same network to which your printer will be connected.
- If a USB cable is connected to the printer, the cable will be switched off from the printer.
- Touch the Wireless icon and then the Wireless menu icon on the control panel of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8216.
- Select the Wireless Settings icon from the Wireless menu. Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard now.
- The printer searches for all the networks available in the area and shows its names in the control panel.
- Select the network name to which you wish to connect and enter the password with appropriate case letters to connect to the network.
If the name of your network isn’t found, make sure your printer is next to the router or manually enter the name of your printer by using the correct case letters. You can visit HP’s support website to change your connection to a wireless connection when connecting your printer to a computer with a wired connection. Learn how to download and install 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 software drivers in the next section.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 WiFi Protected Setup
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup can easily and quickly connect two wireless devices, both secured with a password and supporting the WPS function. Instead of using the Setup Wizard, you can also use the WPS feature to connect your printer to your router. Drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 or 123.hp.com/setup 8216 should have been downloaded already.
The push button procedure and the pin method can be connected to your devices wirelessly in two ways. In the Push button method, both the router and your HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 printer must be pressed to connect both devices. In the pin process, you need to get an 8-digit pin from the configuration page of the router to connect your printer to the router. Compared to the pin method, the push-button method is relatively easier and is therefore widely preferred.
OfficeJet Pro 8216 ePrint Service
Most HP multifunctional printers have a secure ePrint feature that helps you send print jobs from all over the world with an active Internet connection to your printer. You can also effectively manage your print jobs using your HP connected account. No additional software is required for the ePrint service, except the software downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8216.
OfficeJet Pro 8216 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device connected to your printer using Google Cloud Print via a wired or wireless network. When printing is complete, Google Servers delete your documents and make it a secured gateway to print documents. This service does not require additional HP or Google software or drivers to be used.