HP OJPRO 6968 WIRELESS SETUP
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER WIRELESS INSTALLATION
The use of HP wireless direct enables users to print wirelessly from smart telephones, tablets, computers and other wireless devices, without even connection to an existing wireless network.
You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to manage wireless connection to your printer.
- Press the Wireless icon at the control panel of the printer.
- Click the button next to the print configuration.
- By scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard, click OK. The wizard now searches the list of networks available.
- See if your network name is available. If not, users can manually enter the network.
- To enter the new name of the network, scroll and click OK.
- Enter the name and click OK.
- Use the WEP or WPA key if requested.
- To confirm, click OK. The printer is now trying to connect to the network.
- Perform one of the following on the basis of the operating system you are using.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer folder – – > Printer name.
- Choose Setup and Software of the Printer.
- Select Connect a new printer from the options list and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Settings followed by Advanced Settings.
- Make the changes you want to the Advanced Settings menu.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to change the settings.
- Perform one of the following on the basis of your operating system.
- Windows 8: Start ––> app bar ––> All Apps ––> Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start ––> All Programs ––> HP ––> Printer folder ––> Printer name.
- Select Setup & Software Printer.
- Tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
- Wireless 802.11/b / g / n network that includes an access point or router enabled by WPS.
- Wireless network connection or NIC (network interface card) computer or laptop.
- You should connect your computer or laptop to a wireless network that the printer is connected to.
PUSH BUTTON METHOD (PBS)
- Press and hold down the Wireless button to start the WPS button for a few seconds. The wireless light now begins to blink.
- Now, on your router, press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button.
- It takes a few minutes for the printer to establish the wireless connection.
- Press the Wireless button on the control panel to view the men.
- When you see the printer in error or perform a job, wait until the printer completes the task and press the Wireless button.
- Select Settings from the display screen of the printer control panel.
- Now, tap Protected Wi-Fi Setup from the list of available options.
- If you have a Push button on the wireless router, tap Push and follow the instructions.
- If not, choose PIN and follow the on-screen prompts.
HP SETUP 6968 MOBILE PRINTING SOLUTIONS
Mobile printing makes it easy to work. With your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer, you can print any document or photo store on your device and print it.
NOTE: The same network as your computer should be connected to your mobile device and printer.
- Choose the photo or document from your Apple phone that you want to print, and tap the Share button.
- To check the Print button, swipe the screen. Tap it when you find it.
- Select the printer you want to use and make the print setting changes.
- When the changes have been made, select Print to start the print job.
- Open the Google Play Store and check whether or not HP Print Service Plugin is installed.
- Install the plugin, if not. After the plugin has been installed, enable it.
- Change your settings and your mobile device is ready to be printed.
- Open the document or photo you want to print and tap on the right corner of the screen Menu button.
- Choose your desired printer and change the print settings by clicking the arrow down.
- Confirm the printer and print configuration. To start printing, select the Print icon.
- From the Chrome browser or compatible Google Cloud print apps, click Ctrl+P to open the print dialog box.
- Click Change to change printer.
- Choose the printer you want to use from the options list.
- Make the print settings changes and then tap Print.
- Select the document to be printed and click Devices from the menu on the right hand side of the screen.
- Make sure your printer’s wireless network is connected. If not, add a printer once to install the built-in driver for the printer.
- Select the printer you want to use and change the print configuration.
- Tap on Print and then enjoy printing.
PRINT FROM A WIRELESS-CAPABLE COMPUTER
Without connection to a wireless network, you can print directly via HP wireless in your HP Officejet Pro printer.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows)?
- Ensure that the HP Wireless Direct option is switched on.
- Now you have to switch Wi-Fi on your 123.hp.com/ ojpro6968 printer.
- Connect to a new network from your computer, as you usually do.
- Select the wireless network to which you want to connect. (NOTE: Choose your printer name that is listed as Hp-Print0**-ENVY XXXX.) When prompted, enter your network security code.
- If your printer uses the network via USB, do the following.
- Do the following, based on the operating system you use,
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer Folder.
- Select Setup & Software for the printer and then tap Connect a new printer.
- In the Connection Options dialog box, select Wireless option.
- Select the HP printer software from the list displayed.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the process.
- Print the document that you need to.
How to print from a wireless computer (OS X)?
- Make sure your HP direct wireless is switched on.
- Switch AirPort.
- Switch. If you click on the AirPort icon, select the direct HP name listed as HP-Print-**-ENVY XXXX)
- Add your HP printer.
- In the System Preferences section, select Print & Fax or Print & Scan, depending on your operating system.
- Select the + (plus) symbol from the left corner of the list of printers.
- Tap on the printer you want to use and then click Add.
How do I connect to the printer wirelessly without a router?
- Switch on the direct wireless from the control panel of the printer.
- Touch the Direct Wireless icon on the home screen of the printer.
- Choose Settings if the Wireless Direct setting is Off.
- Select ON (No Security) or ON (With Security) again, to Wireless Direct.
- If the Wireless Direct is enabled, you can find the wireless direct and password.
- Click on the direct wireless icon on the home screen of the printer.
- To display the direct wireless name, select Display Name.
- Select Password display to display the password.
- Switch on your computer or mobile device wireless connection.
- Search for the desired printer and connect it to the direct wireless name.
- Enter the Wireless Direct password when requested.
- Try to print a mobile or computer document or photo.