HP OJPRO 6960 TROUBLESHOOTING
123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Printer Troubleshooting
HP Ojpro 6960 – ‘Paper Mismatch’ Error (Windows)
Mismatch of paper or paper size
This error is to ensure that the ink is not abused if the paper settings of the print driver do not match the paper loaded into the printer.
Step 1: Change the paper size setting
- Monitor the setting of the paper size to ensure that it matches the paper you want to print.
- Select File, then tap Print for the pages you want to print.
- Ensure that your printer is in the drop-down list box for Name or Printers, and then select Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Tap the Paper/Quality
- Select Advanced, if necessary, and then choose Paper Size.
- Click on a paper that is equal to the paper size and type mounted on the printer tray and then choose OK. If the paper sizes are not matched, choose the option closest to the paper size mounted in the tray.
- Select OK, then try printing.
Step 2: Monitor the setting of paper source
- Remove all paper from all input trays of the printer.
- Remove the paper and change the width of the paper guides so that they rest gently at the edge of the stack.
- In the program from which you wish to print, select File and then select Print.
- Make sure that your printer is in the Name or Printer option and choose Properties, Properties or Preferences.
- Select the Paper / Quality tab, then select Paper Source to select the appropriate tray.
- Choose OK, then print.
Step 3: Rearrange the printer
- Turn on the printer if not previously enabled.
- Pause until the printer is silent and idle before proceeding.
- When the printer is switched on, release the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the outlet wall.
- Pause for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord back to the wall socket.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer hind.
- Turn on the printer if it’s not turned on mechanically.
- The printer may be warming up. The printer’s lights may be shining, and the cart may shift.
- Pause until the warm-up period decreases and your printer is silent and idle before continuing.