HP OJ 6600 WIRELESS SETUP
123 hp oj 6600 Printer wireless setup
How to print with HP Officejet 6600
- Print wirelessly on Wi-Fi via HP Wireless Direct connection from anywhere, without a router. For HP wireless printing directly from a computer, smartphone or tablet, a compatible printing application is required. For more wireless printing, visit the 123.hp.com/setup officejet 6600 or 123.hp.com/oj6600 setup site.
- Turn Wireless Direct on and set the preferences on the control panel of the printer.
- Connect your computer, smartphone, tablet or other wireless devices directly to your printer via a HP wireless network.
- Once the wireless is turned on, enable safety, if your Wi-Fi device supports WPA2 encryption.
- Up to five devices can be connected simultaneously via the Wireless Direct.
- Wireless direct can also be used for the connection of your printer to a Wi-Fi network or USB cable.
- The HP direct wireless network can not be connected to the Internet.
How to print HP Officejet 6600 double-sided
- Configure automatic double-sided printing or manual paper handling settings for printing.
- Load enough blank paper to avoid page ordering problems in the input tray of your printer.
- Access the printing file you need.
- Go to the file, click Print and, if necessary, select Show Details.
- Search in the dialog box for a two-sided printing option.
- If you have a two-sided option on the screen, your printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Select Layout from the Unnamed Print Options menu by clicking on the checkbox.
- From the two-sided menu, select a binding option and click Print to continue.
- If there is no two-side printing option, proceed manually with the above steps.
- Identify the paper tray type of your printer and click on the Unnamed Menu in the center of the window.
- Choose Odd from Print Pages only.
- Select from the Page Order menu one of the settings displayed according to your printer type and then click Print.
- When all the required pages have been printed, remove unprinted paper from the input tray.
- To print the other side, reload the pages to the input tray.
- Return to the Print menu of the document and select Even from the Print list pages only.
- Finally, click Print to obtain the printed documents on two sides.
Print with the HP smart application
- Print documents, email, web pages or any other content using a HP smart application from anywhere.
- Download and install the Google Play store HP smart app for Android and the iOS App Store.
- Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network that is connected to your printer.
- Open the app and tap Start to search the printers available.
- Continue to take further steps if your printer is found.
- If it is not shown, tap the Plus sign to select a printer from the printer list or to set up a new printer.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to finish the 123.hp.com/officejet 6600 configuration.
Print documents with HP officejet 6600 printer software
- Confirm that the updated driver and software is automatically downloaded from your computer.
- Click the Change Device Settings and Control Panel settings in the list of displayed results for the Change Device Installation in Windows.
- The Setup Device Window appears on the screen.
- Choose the Yes option, then click Save Modifications.
- Connect your printer and your computer before you start installing the driver.
- Use Add a Printer Wizard to install the printer driver and software.
- Try to print a test page to make sure your printer works.
- The print driver is installed and works if you can print.
- If not, please refer to the 123.hp.com/OfficeJet 6600 user guide or call us for assistance at the toll-free number.
How to copy and scan documents in officejet 6600
Go to the next step of copying, faxing and scanning a document using the 123.hp.com/officejet 6600 Setup.
How to double-sided copy on HP Officejet 6600
- Place the printed side up in the holder of the document or down on the right side of the glass scanner.
- Click on the HP 6600 Copy from your printer’s home screen.
- Type the number of copies that will be printed on the screen displayed.
- Also, if you want the document to be one-sided or two-sided each, click 1:1 or 1:2.
- To select paper size, type and quality, click Settings and then go back.
- Now specify the color (black or color) to copy your document.
How to fax on HP Officejet 6600 Printer
- You can send a fax from your 123.hp.com/setup officejet 6600 to the printer panel by loading a document and dialing the reception fax number.
- If you know the recipient is at home or at home and shares his telephone line with their fax machine, call them and let them know that they send a fax.
- Load a single or multi-page document into the printed ADF tray.
- If you use scanner glass, load the document facing down on the scanner glass according to the manual on the edges.
- Ensure that the blank paper is loaded for all fax reports that may be printed on the input tray.
- Confirm that the telephone line is not currently in use.
- Select any telephone call linked to the fax line and listen to the dial tone.
- Complete the receiving fax number from the printer as if you are calling a telephone, including the area code, external access code and country long distance code.
- If you dial with a speed dial, confirm that the number you saved requires pauses.
- To send a fax, press the black, color or send button.
- If the fax line is connected, you will hear a busy signal.
- Try to fax the document after a while again.
- Answer the call if you hear the voice of somebody.
- Wait until your fax is accepted manually or cancel it from the front panel if the telephone number may be incorrect.
- If you hear high-pitched sounds, your fax will be sent.
- A fax report will be printed.
- Read the report to check whether the fax was successfully completed or an error occurred.
Scan multiple pages of HP Officejet 6600
- Open the scanner lid.
- Put the first page of the document you wish to scan on the glass of the scanner with the picture facing down.
- To access the HP Direct software, click on the name of the program on the All Programs menu.
- To open the Scan dialog box, click on the Scan option.
- Select the type of document you scan from the HP icons.
- Tap Save to File in the Destination box at the bottom of the open dialog box.
- To open the Preview dialog box, click Scan again.
- View the scan and click Accept if everything is all right.
- If you want to reposition or modify the document, do this now and repeat the step above.
- Remove the page scanned once the message is received-‘ Would you like to scan another page into the current document?
- Place the next multi-page document page on the glass of the scanner.
- When you’re ready to scan the next page, click Yes.
- Redo the above steps until you are done with scanning multiple pages.
- Click No once your document’s last page has been scanned.
- This is done by opening a Save As dialog box.
- Click the Save In box down arrow to select a directory to save a document for multiple pages.
- In the File Name box, enter a name for your document.
- Click on the File Type box arrow down.
- Select the type of file for which the document is to be saved (both PDF and other formats).
Scan using the HP Officejet 6600 Smart app
- Scan documents or photos on your Android device, iPhone, or iPad with the smart HP app from your HP printer.
- Install your device with the HP smart app and set up a printer.
- Lift your 123.hp.com / Officejet Setup 6600 printer’s scanner lid.
- Place the image or document to be scanned in the Automatic Feeder document or on the glass scanner.
- Use the guides to adjust the document or photo for the correct placement.
- Make sure the document or photo to be scanned is loaded upwards with the printed side.
- Open your mobile device with the HP Smart app.
- Touch the scan tile and set the source to the iPhone or iPad scanner.
- Click the Settings icon and select the scan or source of input.
- Adjust any other scan parameters you need to modify and then click Done or Close.
- To start scanning on iPhones and iPads, press the blue shutter button.
- To start scanning for Android devices, tap Scan.
- To change the desired settings, tap the Edit icon from the Preview menu and then click Done.
- To scan any additional pages, press the Additional Pages icon.
- Rename, save, print and share your scanned photo via HP smart app once all pages have been scanned.
Scan from Windows 10
- Put a document on the glass of your scanner facing down.
- Before proceeding, check that the scanner is powered on and connected to your computer.
- To open start, click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen.
- To search for the Windows Fax and the Scan app, type the fax and scan in Start.
- At the top of the Start window, click on Windows Fax and Scan.
- On the upper left side of the Fax and Scan window select New Scan. A new window will open.
- Make sure your scanner works.
- If the name of the scanner is not listed, click Change on the top right of the window, and select it.
- Choose the type of document.
- Click the Drop-down Profile box and select the document type.
- Click on the Color down box format and select Color or Black and White.
- Now click the drop-down file type box and select a file type to save the scanned document on your computer.
- If you scan anything else than photos, it is best to choose a PDF format.
- Click from the bottom of the window on the Preview option.
- Finally, click Scan to start scanning your document on the computer using the options and format selected.
Scanning from Android or iOS
- You can scan documents and photos from the printer to your iOS or Android mobile device with the HP All-in – One Printer scanning application.
- Install the application and use your HP printer to set it up.
- First, place the document or photo to scan on your printer’s scanner glass.
- Place the papers next to the scanner glass or the automatic document feeder where available according to the guides.
- Ensure that the edges are straight and not curled.
- Open your mobile device application.
- To select the input source for your scan, tap the Settings icon.
- Adjust any other desired scan configuration and then click Save.
- To start scanning the image on your mobile device, press Scan.
- The software identifies the limits of your photo or document.
- Adjust the boundaries to match your desired scan if necessary and then tap next.
- Edit, rename, save, print or share your mobile device with the scanned document or photo easily.
Scan using Web scan
- Webscan scanning offers you the basic scan options.
- Scan for additional scan options or functionality from your HP printer software.
- Load the document or image to be scanned downward on the scanner glass with the print side.
- Open the web server embedded.
- Click on the tab Scan.
- Choose Webscan in the left panel.
- Change settings, if necessary.
- To start the scanning process, click Start Scan.
- For more information see 123.hp/setup officejet 6600 and 123.hp.com/oj6600 or call the toll-free number.