HP OfficeJet Pro 8216
123 HP Officejet Pro 8216 Printer Setup
The 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 is a perfect fit for home offices and small offices (SOHO) in size and specs. It is a multi-functional design (printing, faxing and scanning), has a compact and likable design with the Automatic Document Feeder built into the printer as part of the design.
Although the HP Officejet Pro 8216 is a mid-range printer, its text and graphics quality are surprisingly crisp and the print speed is reasonably high at 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for color prints. The paper tray can hold up to 225 sheets, which, given the price, is a good figure.
In short, the 8216 could be a great choice for your job or for your personal needs because of the number of web services which you are looking for to print from different devices, multiple connectivity options and a reasonable printing speed. You can download the printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 8216 Driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro8216.
HP Officejet Pro 8216 Printer Setup
Unboxing HP OfficeJet Pro 8216
- Open the cardboard box and keep a CD, power and fax cords away, quick install guide of one page, Instant Ink plan flyer and comprehensive printer installation guide. The installation CD can also be used to install the printer software drivers instead of downloading and installing them from hp.com/ojpro8216.
- Put the printer containing box on the bottom of the table and drag it with a transparent plastic cover to hold the box sides.
- Remove the Styrofoam caps on the printer sides and pull the transparent plastic on the printer.
- Next, remove blue tapes from the printer and carefully remove the transparent cover on the front panel and the touch screen of the printer.
- Open the glass lid scanner and remove the Styrofoam sheet on the glass lid scanner. Close the lid of the scanner.
- Similarly, remove from the access area all packaging materials and transparent films.
- Remove the packaging materials and slide the paper tray out. Now, slide the paper width guides away.
Your printer is now ready to be turned on.
The basic initialization process for HP OfficeJet Pro 8216
The printer must first be powered on before starting the initialization process. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 has network, phone, power and USB ports.
Go to the printer’s back and plug one end of the cord to the power port of the printer and the other end to the wall outlet. Power strips should be avoided in order to prevent problems with power.
Finally, on the printer, press the power button to enable it. If you’ve completed the initialization process, you can skip this section and install 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 software drivers.
Follow the steps below when the printer is enabled to perform a fundamental initialization process.
- You need to choose a language from the printer control panel. To complete your selection, select a language of your choice and press confirm. Next, select the printer location.
- Now the control panel asks you to choose between a product tour and the setup process. The tour will give you a basic idea of the capabilities and advantages of OfficeJet Pro 6380. Click the process Setup.
- Similarly, set your printer’s date and time to scroll through the numbers.
This completes the basic process for initializing your printer. You can proceed with the installation of your printer ink cartridges.
Download and read the officejet pro 8216 printer manual carefully for ease installation
Installation of HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 Ink cartridge
You can use the video played by the printer by tapping the video icon or follow the steps to install the ink pads. Once the ink cartridges have been completed, you can load unused paper and then install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 software drivers. Follow the below steps to install the tin cartridges.
- Cut the plastic covering on the ink cartridges open or tear away.
- Pull the transparent film that covers the copper contacts and the plastic on the cartridge with the orange pull tab.
- Turn around the cartridge. You’re going to see an orange cap. Remove the cartridge and snap it off.
- Now open the entrance area of the cartridge with the cutouts on the side. Insert the cartridge according to its color in the slot. There is an indication of how it should be inserted in the slot on the cartridge. Put the cartridge in the slot and make sure it snaps in place.
- Repeat the same steps for the other three cartridges and close the access area of the ink cartridge after you have done so.
The printer then checks whether you have genuine HP ink cartridges installed and asks you to load unused paper to the paper tray
HP OfficeJet Pro 8216 Loading of unused paper
Follow the steps below to load a stack of papers first into the paper tray.
- If you have not already done so, slide out the input tray to load the paper into the printer and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Load into the panel a lot of unused paper, close the panel and press done.
The printer shows a message “Getting Printer Ready” for about 10 minutes while the cartridges are charged. Once this happens, the printer prints a Printer Test page automatically. Once the page has been printed, the printer shows a successful calibration message. You can either keep or recycle this page for later use.
Next the printer will ask how your printer connects to your system. You can choose between wireless and Wired Ethernet connections. This guide will take you through the wireless configuration. You can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8216 after you have finished the Wireless Setup