HP Officejet 6600
123 HP officejet 6600 Printer setup
Printing, copying and scanning from anywhere using the all – in-one 123.hp.com wireless printing device 6600. This compact inkjet printer is mainly composed of wireless printing, AirPrint and mobile printing. Use your package with HP Instant Ink so you never run out of ink.
How to setup officejet 6600 printer
Go to the next instructions on how to install Officejet 6600 Printer. Once the 123.hp.com/oj6600 setup is completed, connect the printer to a wireless network, then set up drivers and software on your computer. Try to print or scan a document or photo once you have finished installing and installing HP Officejet 6600.
Officejet 6600 printer unboxing and printer setup
Follow for the first time the next steps to unbox and set up the Officejet 6600 printer.
- Lose the tapes and open the box.
- Take out of the shipment box the user guide, the USB cable and the power cord.
- Read the basic setup instructions given on the 123.hp.com/officejet 6600 Setup manual for easy installation.
- The Officejet 6600 Printer includes an instant HP card for the replacement of ink cartridges.
- Not all printers have this card available.
- HP strongly recommends the use of your printer’s power cord.
- Use the two-wired phone cable provided with your printer for the best faxing experience.
- The package also includes a CD to install.
- The updated version of the 123.hp.com/setup 6600 and 123.hp.com/oj6600 setup software and drivers can also be downloaded.You can Download the OJ 6600 printer Driver here.
- Take the ink cartridges from the package carefully.
- The substitute cartridges bought from the store can not be used for this printer configuration.
- Take the printer out of the box.
- Drag the printer slowly out of the plastic bag and keep it in the right place.
- Remove all the visible blue tapes and other packaging material from the outside as well as from the inside of the printer.
- Remove the twist tie from the power cord and connect it to the port of the printer.
- Connect the wall socket with another end of the power cable.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 6600 Setup and set the control panel preferences.
OJ 6600 Print status report and cartridge alignment
A printer status report gives you all the information you need on your device. It can also help you solve problems printing on your HP Officejet 6600 printer. The tin cartridges need to be aligned to achieve the best printing performance possible.
- Power On your printer; lift the input tray.
- Lower your printer’s output tray and slide its extender out.
- Load some plain, white paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Adjust the guide to touch the edge of the paper.
- Align the ink cartridges as a final stage in setting your device when a new cartridge is installed or the ink is not lined up on the page you are printing.
- To open it, double-click the HP Solution Center icon.
- If not on the desktop, go to the Start tasksbar of the Windows, open all programs and go to HP, click on the HP Solution Center.
- Go to HP Solution Center Settings, click Print Settings and then choose Printer Toolbox for opening.
- Select Align Print Cartridge, click Align and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The printer prints a lines page and lines up the tin cartridges.
- Press and hold down the Cancel button for at least 3 sec on the control panel of the printer and release the report in print.
- The printer works properly if the printed report succeeds.
- If not, there may be a problem in the printer or computer from which you print the Internet connection, device settings, or software.
- Find support data easily with your printer model number at 123.hp.com/setup officejet 6600.
How to install ink cartridges in officejet 6600
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and push it back.
- Take out the cartons and remove the plastic cover around the package.
- Do not touch the copper contacts or cartridge ink ports to prevent potential clogs, ink failures or bad electrical connections.
- Hold the cyan cartridge at the beginning and insert it into the appropriate slot in the printer.
- Push the cyan cartridge into place until it snaps.
- Next, install the magenta and yellow cartridges equally in their respective slots.
- Insert the black cartridge and close the door.
- The 123.hp.com/setup officejet 6600 requires you to charge the paper when you install all the tin cartridges.
How to load paper into the input tray
- Remove the paper tray from the printer and pull it out.
- Load in the input tray some unused plain white paper.
- Only A4 sheets are recommended to achieve high printing quality.
- Confirm that not curled or damaged sheets.
- Adjust the width of the paper and the length guides.
- Tap OK on the control panel of the printer and then tap Continue to start the device.
- The printer aligns the print header and automatically prints a test page.
- Refer to the 123.hp.com/setup officejet 6600 User Handbook guidelines for more information.
How to install the software of Officejet 6600 Printer
Read one of the sub-topic’s to guide you in printing a document or photo on Windows or Mac device. To do so, you first have to set up your printer and then connect it to your PC via a wireless network.