HP ENVY 6255 TROUBLESHOOTING
HP 123 Envy 6255 Printer Troubleshooting
How to fix scanning error
When scanning your document, the computer or scanner is not detected or the message fails will be displayed in the control panel of your printer. Go through the guides below to solve your problem of scanning.
- In some cases, rebooting the computer and printer might restore the lost scan connection.
- Make sure the HP Envy 6255 printer and computer are properly connected to the network.
- For wireless network connectivity: access the Network Wireless menu or Settings menu to ensure the wireless signal is activated.
- Check that the Wireless icon light of the printer is on and stable.
- For a Wired network connection: ensure that the cable is connected to the Ethernet port of the printer and to the port of the router.
- The light(green) link has to be stable and the light(orange) activity has to blink.
- The majority of routers can operate in frequency bands of 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz, but not all printers support both bands.
- Go to the notification area on your PC to find your network name and connection status.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to easily identify and correct scanning problems.
- You can correct the connection problem by deinstalling the existing printer software before you reinstall the latest driver. Reboot your computer and go to the next step to solve the problem.
- Just click on the Software download option to download the latest driver and software to our 123.hp.com/setup 6255 site.
- Install it on your computer, based on the on-screen instructions.
- Try scanning your document or photo using your envy6255 printer once you’ve finished.
- In some cases, firewall software may block network printer communication.
- Use the Print and Scan Doctor to find and temporarily disable your computer’s firewall program.
- Try scanning your photo or document with your HP Envy 6255 printer.