HP ENVY 5540 TROUBLESHOOTING
123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Troubleshooting
HP Envy 5540 Printer Quick Tips
- If you have problems with printing, reboot your printer. Look through your printer manuals for detailed information. When the ink in the cartons of tin dries up, replace the cartouches. Use duplex printing to save ink and paper on your 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer.
- 123 HP Envy 5540 Printer Troubleshooting – Fixing Copy Quality Issues.
HP Printers – Fixing Copy Quality Issues
The quality problems of the prints, like vertical or horizontal lines, color bands, or poor pixel resolution, may occur when you try to copy from the flatbed or automatic document feeder (ADF). This is one of the biggest problems under HP Envy 5540. Resolve this printer issue 123.hp.com/envy5540 by carrying out the instructions presented.
The prints are fingerprints, fingerprints, dubes, or fragments that exist on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in an automatic document feed slot. Clean the printer parts of the 123 HP Envy 5540 with a soft glass cleaner.
Step 2: Clean the rollers for automatic document feeder
Copy quality issues may arise from dirt or paper remaining on the roller or separator pad in the automatic document feeder (ADF). Open the document feeder and then clean the separator rollers and pad.
- Displace the original automatic document feeder.
- Switch off the printer. Confirm removal of the power cable from the printer.
- To clean the paper picker rollers and inside the ADF separator pad, open the ADF cover.
- Use a clean, grease-free swab to clean the paper picking rollers and separator pad inside the ADF.
- Then close the ADF cover.
- Replace the original document in the tray document for the feeder.
- Turn on the 5540 printer 123.hp.com/setup and connect the power cable back to the printer.
Try to copy a photo or document and if the problem persists, you can proceed to the next step.
You can change the copy settings to fix HP Envy 5540 problem in order to improve the copy quality. Only a few printers are able to modify the settings for copy quality and several printers have more or less quality possibilities.
- Press the Copy button on the control panel of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- If necessary, press Settings button to locate Quality or Optimization If any configuration is not or is not accessible, you can skip to the next step.
- Improve your copied document’s quality by changing any of the following settings:
- Reduce / Enlarge: This option can reduce or enlarge the copy size.
- Light / Darker or Contrast: set the text or image contrast.
- Optimize or improve: You can change this setting to optimize photos, text or mixed.
- Draft mode: Draft mode for high speed can be activated, but this leads to low print quality.
- Quality: change the copy quality to Best, Normal or Draft quality improvement.
4.To return to the main screen, tap the Back icon or select OK.
5.Place the original document or photo, then attempt to copy a file.
If the quality of the copied file is still poor, proceed to the next step. For details, you can read our user-friendly manual.
Sometimes the paper type and the size of the input tray may not correspond to the paper type and size settings in the control panel of the 123 Hp Envy 5540 printer, leading to copy quality issues.
- Touch the Setup button on the printer control panel.
- Select Paper Setup, then select Paper Size.
- Choose the size of the paper in the input panel and then touch OK Try to copy a file.
If the quality of the copied file remains poor, continue with the next step.
Step 5: Reset the HP printer
Resetting the printer can clear problems with copy quality.
- Remove the items on the automatic document feeder (ADF) and Scanner Glass and then close the scanner lid.
- Keep the printer in an ON state and disconnect from the printer the power cable.
- Hold on and plug the power cable back into your 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer for a few minutes.
- Place the original document or picture, then try copying again.
Follow the above steps to solve the problem solving HP Envy 5540. If the quality of the copied file remains poor, follow the next step.
Step 6: Service the printer
If the above steps did not work, service the 123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer or replace it.