123 HP DJ 3755 PRINTER Troubleshooting
How to print from your iPhone?
We talked about printing in the past through the AirPrint software. Users can print photos, documents, e-mails or other websites with any integrated iOS software solution from their iPhone.
- Make sure that you turn on the wireless icon before starting the print job and connect your 123 HP Deskjet 3755 to the Wireless connection network.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone to check whether you are connected to your 123.hp.com/dj3755 printer’s same wireless network connection.
- It should be noted that AirPrint can not support public wireless networks such as cellular data connections (3 G or 4 G), Bluetooth and hotspots.
- Go to the App Store and download a compatible iPhone printing application. Now, the app.
- Click the share button for the app and find the print icon.
- Go to the home screen to open the document, photo, email or web page, and choose the share icon. (You click on the Menu otherwise, then touch the Print option.) Tap Print Option after selecting the file.
- You will have to select a printer from the Printer Options menu.
- Select the printer you want to use.
- Change any print configuration, specify the number of copies to print and then tap Print option to get the work done in print.
When the printing process is complete, the documents or photos can be viewed by double-clicking on the Home button of your iPhone. Go to the center of the printer and select the document that was recently printed.
How can I cancel the print job?
If you want to stop the printing process, you can use your iPhone in a jiffy.
- Press your iPhone’s home button twice.
- The open and working apps are displayed on the screen.
- Now select Print Center and tap on it.
Once the Print Center app is open, tap Cancel Printing to stop the print job.
SOLVING PRINT PROBLEMS
If the printer does not print (no prints)
- If print jobs are stuck in the queue, then you cancel and reboot all documents in the queue. Try to print a page after the reboot process has been completed.
- If your printing printer is switched off, an alert message should appear on your computer screen. If it doesn’t, then the HP software you have installed has a problem. Uninstall and reinstall the software to prevent further problems.
- Checking whether all cable connections are secure and tight is always essential. If there is a loose connection, replace it with a new cable.
- If the blue light on the wireless icon doesn’t blink, you have to check the wireless connection of your printer. Try to print a wireless test report in order to diagnose and resolve your printer problems.
- Check whether the firewall software installed on your computer prevents your computer and printer from communicating. In that case, temporarily deactivate the firewall and continue with the print job. Switch on the firewall once the pages have been printed.
- If your 123.hp.com/dj3755 printer still does not respond to the above steps, try rebooting both the computer and the printer.
If something is missing or incorrect on the page
- Check the length of the USB cable and the location of the printer. Sometimes high USB-generated electromagnetic fields can cause slight distortions and spoil the printed quality.
- Shift your HP printer away from the electromagnetic field in that case.
- Use a cable that is less than 3 meters long to minimize the effects of the electromagnetic field is recommended.