123.hp.com/setup 6500 OfficeJet Printer
123 HP officejet 6500 Printer setup
Officejet 6500 Printer Connectivity
Officejet 6500 Printer Mobile Solutions
Officejet 6500 printer ePrint
Officejet 6500 printer ePrint Mobile app
Officejet 6500 printer AirPrint
Officejet 6500 printer Smart app
Officejet 6500 Mopria Print Service
Officejet 6500 printer Print Service plugin
Setup & Install
Diagnose & Fix
123.hp.com/oj6500 Printer Setup
Officejet 6500 Printer Connectivity
Review the following information to use any HP Officejet 6500 printer-supported connectivity methods. Wired or Ethernet connectivity, wireless connectivity, USB connection, Wi-Fi Direct access and nearby field communication(NFC) are not supported with the 123.hp.com/oj6500 printer.
- Make sure you have ready for driver installation following the instructions below. 10/100 Base-TX is the wired connection requirement for HP Officejet 6500.
- You should use a network router, switch or hub to check if your computer is connected to the router, switch or hub with the available Ethernet ports. If not connected, connect to the router and check if you have connected properly.
- Don’t use a standard telephone cable, use an Ethernet cable as shown in the figure instead. To connect the printer, use the Ethernet cable and follow the guidelines.
- Turn on the printer and remove plugs from the Ethernet port on the back of the printer. Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and link the other end of the cable to a network router port, switch or hub available port.
- Download the printer driver by visiting 123.hp.com/oj6500 to complete the wired connection. Type the HP Officejet 6500 printer model and follow the instructions on the screen. Download HP Easy Start app or download the app on your printer model automatically.
- Select the connection type of the printer when the printer is prompted. Choose the wired or Ethernet connection, as we move to the wired connection setup.
- If the wired connection is successful and you do not have to proceed with the remaining steps. If the download is not successful, continue hp.support.com and type your printer model. Check compatibility of the operating system and correct operating system version.
- Click Download the full function driver of the Driver Product Installation Software in front of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions. Follow the HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download from your computer for only saving and running the driver file.
- Choose a printer connection as cabled and test the printer function and connectivity by printing a self-test page.
Wi-Fi Direct connection
- With the aid of Wi-Fi direct access, Wi-Fi devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets and more. Your printer should be directly connected to Wi-Fi. Follow the steps to successfully complete the 123.hp.com/oj6500 printer setup.
- Install the printer software on your computer along with the printer. Connect Wi-Fi Direct first and if you are not installed, set up the software.
- See if your computer is connected to Wi-Fi and up to five computers and mobile devices can be used in the same Wi-Fi direction.
- Send Wi-Fi directly to your mobile device and check the documentation provided for additional information.
- Choose the WLAN name shown on the available printer list, such as DIRECT-**-HP Officejet 6500 (where** are the unique characters for your printer and XXXX is the printer model on the printer) to connect your mobile device.
- The printer is successfully connected to your computer via WiFi.
- Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 b / g / n–2.4 GHz networks. Configure the printer in a wireless network. Ensure the printer is connected to the same computer network.
- Enter the name of the wireless network called the Service Set Identifier and a wireless network password for a wireless network connection to your printer.
- The name of the wireless network should be your wireless network name. The WiFi password is the WEP or WPA passphrase
- You can find it on the back of your wireless router if it hasn’t changed since your wireless network was established. Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the control panel display to set up wireless communication. Touch the wireless panel icon.
- Press the SetupàWirlesssSettingstoWireless Setup Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the settings. If your Network Name is not available please click Enter New Network Name and follow the directions for entering your Network Name.
- Type the password of WPA and tap Done. Download the 123.hp.com/oj6500 driver and install the installation software.
- Install the software and connect the computer directly to the printer to set up your printer using the USB cable. To connect your printer to your computer, use the USB Hi-Speed 2.0 cable before the printer prompts you to disconnect the USB cable.
- Make sure you connect your printer and computer to the same network to install your printer. Follow any method of opening the operating system based on the printer software. If you are using the Windows operating system, right click on the empty area of the screen, click on All apps in the app bar and click on a print icon.
- Turn on the printer and get a USB cable less than 3 meters long. Do not connect via a USB hub or docking station and the printer may not receive sufficient power to function properly.
- Disconnect the cable from the printer and the’ devices ‘ search windows. Click on the control panel settings for Devices and Printers for the results. Right-click on Devices and Printer to remove device.
Call Toll-Free No.: +1-888-682-5959
123.hp.com/6500 Printer Mobile Solutions
Mobile solutions are utility tools that help print using your smart devices, such as Android mobile, Apple iOS, and tablets. Check your printer for the compatibility of mobile apps and start printing with smart devices.
123.hp.com/oj6500 Connectivity supports mobile solutions provided below. Fix all kinds of system errors and the issue associated to print quality. Follow the simple procedures given below to install and use the application for easier printing solutions.
1. Officejet 6500 printer ePrint
- HP ePrint is a free cloud-based and secure service to help you print with an active internet connection from anywhere. Send your documents through email to the printer and the document will be printed directly from your printer. To learn more about the setup of HP ePrint, go to the following article
- Before you start the setup, you need to collect some of the requirements. If you don’t get all the requirements listed below, then you can not print using the HP ePrint.
- If not, your printer wouldn’t print using the HP ePrint service, disable the USB connection. Visit www.hpconnected.com and register for your ePrint job status to view your ePrint queue. Check if your printer is connected to an active internet access network. Turn on the webs services
- Email the printer with your document, create a new email, and add the printing document. Now the email should be sent to the email address of the printer. The document attached is printed by the printer.
- Check the printing requirements using ePrint. Initially the TO: field only printer address. Additional email addresses should be in the field Cc:. A blank email subject line leads to HP ePrint mistake or cancels the print job. Files are not supported in open office files. Printing is not supported on both sides.
4. Officejet 6500 printer Smart app
- The HP Smart App helps you connect via mobile devices to your wireless network. Print, scan and capture files using your HP Smart app with your smart devices. The HP Smart application is also called the HP AiO Remote App Printer.
- Install your Android device on the same wireless network as your printer and keep the Android device close to your router. Download and install the Google Play Store HP smart app on your Android device.
- Open the application and tap Start and agree to the terms and conditions. Tap continue. Tap Continue. Tap the plus sign in the home screen of the App to search for printers connected to the network Tap the printer in your wireless network printer list.
- To connect to a new printer, click Add Printer and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Install your printer in the iOS apple device and verify that your Apple iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as a printer. Download and install the HP smart app on your Apple iOS device from the App Store.
- Click Start and Terms & Conditions Accept. Tap Continue searching for the printers connected to your network. If you already have one printer connected to the wireless network, the app automatically selects your printer.
- Tap the plus sign to connect a new printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Officejet 6500 printer ePrint Mobile app
- HP ePrint App is a mobile app that lets you print any supported HP printer connected to the same network. For Apple iOS devices, the HP ePrint app is withdrawn. Please use the HP ePrint app to print photos or documents. You can also print with the help of an active internet connection via cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox wherever you are.
- You should have a mobile OS version 4.0 or later or 4.1-4x and 5.1 or 5x or later versions of the Amazon Fire OS. Connect to a wireless network using your smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings. See if the wireless signal is enabled and the printer connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
- Download and install the HP ePrint application from the Google Play Store on your device.
- The HP ePrint app displays and follows the prompts on the display, tap Grant authorization, Add cloud account or Add Email account to access files, social media, and cloud accounts.
3. Officejet 6500 printer AirPrint
- AirPrint is a mobile printing solution with versions Apple iOS v4.2 and higher. Use your iPad, iPhone or iPhone for wireless connectivity. After 2010 the HP Printers released support AirPrint.
- You should have an Apple device with iOS version 4.2 and higher. Make sure you have your printer and Apple devices connected to the same network or Wi-Fi Direct or HP direct wireless, your Printer must support them
- Turn the printer on and open the printing file. Click on the Menu option Action icon. Click Print or print icon to select your printer from your list. Print or print icon. Change the settings with the Options menu
5. Mopria Print Service
- Mopria printing is a mobile application available free of charge in the Google Play Store. Print in your HP printer documents, web pages, and emails with your Android device.
- Set up the printer hardware and use an Android mobile device with or above OS 4.0. Connect your printer to the wireless or wired internet network and connect your printer to the same network than your Android device. Keep the devices within the scope of the printer is recommended.
- Set up the Google Play Store Mopria Print Service plugin. To activate the service, select any method.
- When you first install, swipe the home screen down to view the dashboard. The print service Mopria is installed. Tap to enable notification of the service plugin.
- Tap Settings, tap More, More Networks, More settings, or NFCs and share them, tap Printing or Printing if you update the service plugin. Tap the print service Mopria to tap it.
6. Officejet 6500 printer Print Service plugin
- You can print from your smart Android devices using the HP Print Service plugin. Print to a HP printer on a Wi-Fi network or a direct Wi-Fi printer connection. Follow the procedure below to create a plugin for the HP Print Service on your smart Android phones or tablets.
- Install your Smartphone or tablet with a HP Print service plugin. You should have a mobile device downloaded from the Google Play store with Android OS 4.4 or later. Switch to the plugin after installing the HP Print Service plugin
- Based on your Android version and device manufacturer, the print setting menus, icons and location may differ from one or more devices.
- Android device is on the same network as your printer and ensures that your printer and Android device has direct Wi-Fi. Install or update the Google Play Store HP Print Service plugin on your Android device.
- After installation, the service is automatically enabled if you have Android devices 7.0 or later. You can skip the next step by using the HP Print Service plugin.
- Tap the dashboard and find the installed service for HP Inc. if you install it first. Click Settings à more, More networks, More settings, or NFC and share print or print. Update the HP Print Service Plugin. Click ON when you click installed HP Inc. or HP Inc., and disable unnecessary plugins