123 HP OFFICEJET 5740 PRINTER SETUP
- 123 HP oj 5740 Pinter setup.
- HP Setup Officejet 5740 Printer service.
- 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Driver installation.
- 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer wireless installation.
- HP Officejet 5740 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- HP setup 5740 mobile printing solutions
- Print from a wireless -capable computer
- HP 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Troubleshooting
Setup & Install
Diagnose & Fix
123.hp.com/oj 5740 Printer Setup and Installation
123 HP OfficeJet 5740 Installation and configuration of a printer. Remove from the packaging the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer and maintain energy cords ready for connection. Place the cables strongly in the wall sockets so that the systems do not have any loose connections or energy problems. After the wires are connected, click Home on the left corner of the printer.
How do I configure Officejet 5740 printer?
- When you first turn on the printer, it may create some noise.
- Use the arrows next to the printer control panel to select the language, nation and area when you view the home screen. Press the OK button now.
- The printer screen is inserted as the ink cartridges are inserted.
- Lift the cover of the ink cartridge by using the cutouts on the printer sides.
- Look at the label on the cartridge’s back cover and originally mount the tri-color cartridge.
- Remove the protective rubber covering the electrical and ink connections. (NOTE: The color on the locking levers must match the color shown on the cartridge.) Slide into your corresponding slots and push the cartridge into its location until it locks.
- Install the black cartridge using the same method.
- Once the initial HP cartridge has been completed, a message box is displayed on the control panel. Click OK Load the paper stack in the input tray. The printer now prints a page of alignment.
- After printing, scan the alignment page by putting the speed print side on the scanner glass.
- After you scan the alignment page, a message box that reads’ Full alignment’ will appear in the control panel of the printer. To proceed, press Ok button.
- Users are now permitted to wirelessly or Ethernet or USB link the printer to a network.
Only install the printer software by visiting 123.hp.com or inserting a CD that arrived with the printer after the fundamental installation has been completed. Follow the screen directions to finish the installation process for the printer. The driver software is downloaded from the 123.hp.com/oj5740 or 123.hp.com/setup 5740 page.
123 HP Setup oj5740 iPhone printing service?
We talked about printing via the AirPrint software previously. Users can print photographs, records, e-mails or any internet pages on their iPhones using any integrated iOS device software solution.
- Before beginning printing, make sure you turn the wireless icon on and connect your 123 HP OfficeJet 5740 to the wireless network.
- Open Wi-Fi configuration on your iPhone to verify if you are connected to your 123.hp.com/oj5740 wireless network connection.
- It should be noted that AiPrint is not able to support public wireless networks such as 3 G or 4 G cellular information links, Bluetooth and hotspots.
- Download a compatible printing app on your iPhone from the App Store. Well, the app.
- Click the share button of the app and locate the icon for printing.
- Come to the home screen and open the document, picture, e-mail or web page, then select the Share icon. (Otherwise, you press on the Menu and then press Print button.) Tap Print button after you have selected the specific file.
- You will have to pick a printer from the Printer Options menu.
- Choose the printer to use.
- Change any print settings, specify the number of printable copies and tap Print to do the print work.
When the printer finishes the printing process, you can view papers or photographs by double-clicking your iPhone’s Home button. Go to the Print Center and select the document recently printed.
The following link 123.hp.com/oj5740 or 123.hp.com/set up oj5740 will download the computer driver or simply click on the download button below.
The following link 123.hp.com/oj5740 or 123.hp.com/setup oj5740 can also be downloaded from the users ‘ handbook or from the download button.
How to cancel the print work?
If you want to stop the printing process, you can use your iPhone in a jiffy.
- Press your iPhone’s Home button twice.
- The open and operating applications will be shown on the screen.
- Now select and tap Print Center.
When the Print Center app opens, touch Cancel Printing to prevent printing.
Call Toll-Free No.: 1-888-682-5959
123hp.com/setup 5740 Printer Driver Installation
While installing the 123hp Officejet 5740 you’ll need to temporarily connect a USB cable between your printer and pc.
HP oj 5740 installation for Windows OS
You will need a operating system of windows 7 or above in order to use the downloadable driver from 123hp.com/setup site.
HP OJ 5740 installation for MAC OS
Connecting the 123HP officejet pro 5740 to the apple device requires a version above 7.If the device is not connected through USB or printer connected to wireless Click on Settings icon on the printer display and proceed to navigate to the option wireless setup wizard. Find out the desired wireless network and then proceed with connecting to the network. Once connected to the network you can print a network setting page and proceed with the driver installation for the MAC for your HP officejet pro 5740 printer.
123 hp oj 5740 Driver installation
Proceed to System Preferences in Apple Menu which will be available at the top.
Select the Print and Fax from Hardware Selection and go to (+) sign to add the printer. Once the printer has been selected proceed with the installation and print a test page. You can alse get the driver from the 123.hp.com/5740 setup for the MAC os version you have.
When connected via USB
While the printer is detected via USB cable the settings of the OS will get auto detected and a generic driver will get installed.
The generic driver will not have all the features and hence you need to install the software from 123hp Officejet 5740.
The setup will direct you through the complete installation with the optimum settings accepted by the microsoft opearting system used.
The driver installation of officejet 5740 can be done more easily for windows 8, windows 8.1 & windows 10.
The drivers have versions and based on the windows operating system used the ease of access for the user increases.
If you are not able to connect then you can contact our technicians who will help you out with the fix.
When there is no USB available
When the microsoft windows device doesn’t have connected to the HP officejet 5740, it requires a manual setup of the printer to the wireless network and then proceed with the driver installation.
You have go to the wifi icon or button on the printer and then proceed with connecting the printer to the desired WIFI network.
Before proceeding with the driver installation you require the details of the WIFI network to which you wish to connect the HP officejet 5740 printer. Like the username and password.
Once detected by the micorsoft windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10, windows 7, windows vista device, the IP of the printer need to be located.
Once the IP has been found the printer can be connected and the driver of the printer is available in 123HP.com Officejet 5740.
The specific drivers can also be found under the support hpcom website wherein you can download the specific driver required and used by you.
If there is any trouble following the procedure the technician here can help you to get connected to the HP pritner.
123 HP OfficeJet 5740 Printer Wireless Installation
Using HP wireless direct from a smart phone, tablet, laptop or other wireless devices allows users to print wirelessly-even without connection to an current wireless network.
You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to handle the wireless link to your printer 123.hp.com/oj5740.
- Click the Wireless icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Click the button next to the print configuration.
- By scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard, click OK. Now the wizard searches for the list of networks available.
- See if your network name is accessible. If not, users can manually join the network.
- Scroll to New Network Name and click OK. Enter the name and then click OK. If requested, specify the WEP or WPA key.
- To verify, click OK. The printer is now trying to link to the network.
How to connect a new oj 5740 printer?
Perform one of the following on the basis of your operating system.
- Windows 8: Start––> app bar––> All apps–––> Printer name folder.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Launch ––> All Programs ––> HP–> Printer directory–> Printer name. Printer name.
- Choose Setup and Software of the Printer.
- Select Connect a fresh printer from the options list and follow the directions shown on the screen.
How can I alter network configuration?
- Press the Wireless icon on the home screen of the printer.
- Select Advanced Settings and Settings.
- Make your preferred modifications to the Advanced Settings menu.
- Follow the directions on the screen to alter the settings.
How to switch from a USB to a wireless network?
- Perform one of the following on the basis of your operating system.
- Windows 8: Start––> app bar–––> All apps–> Printer name folder.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start > All Progrems > > HP > Printer folder > Printer name > Printer name.
- Choose Setup & Software Printer.
- Tap Convert a wireless linked USB printer.
123 HP OJ 5740 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Wireless network 802.11/b / g / n that involves WPS access or router enabling.
- A Wireless Network Connection Computer or Laptop or NIC (network interface card).
- A wireless network into which the printer is attached should be linked to your desktop or laptop.
METHOD PUSH BUTTON (PBS)
- To begin the WPS button, press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for a few seconds. The wireless light now begins to blink.
- Now click WPS on your router. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
- The printer takes a few minutes to connect to the wireless.
- Press the Wireless button on the control panel to view the males.
- If you see the printer in mistake or perform a job, wait until the printer completes the job and click the Wireless button.
- From the display screen of the printer control panel, select Settings.
- Now tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of accessible alternatives.
- When you have a push button on your wireless router, push the push button and follow the instructions.
- If not, select the PIN and follow on-screen prompts.
123 HP Setup oj5740 Solutions Mobile Printing
Mobile printing makes it simple for you to work. You can print and print any document or picture shop on your computer by your 123 HP OfficeJet 5740 or 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.
NOTE: You must connect your mobile device and printer to the same network than your desktop.
- Select the picture or document from your Apple telephone that you want to print and tap the Share button.
- To test the Print button, swipe the screen. Tap it when you discover it.
- Select the printer you want to use and create needed print configuration adjustments.
- After you have made your adjustments, select Print to begin your print work
- Open the Google Play Store and verify whether or not HP Print Service Plugin has been installed.
- If not, the plugin should be installed. After the plugin has been installed, allow it.
- Change the configuration to On and your mobile device is print prepared.
- Open the document or picture that you want to print and then tap the correct corner of the screen with the Menu key.
- Choose your printer and alter the print settings by pressing the arrow down.
- Confirm the printer and the print configuration. To begin printing, select the Print icon.
- Click on Ctrl+P to open the printer dialog box from the Chrome browser or compatible Google Cloud applications.
- To modify the printer, click Change.
- Choose the printer you want to use from the list of alternatives.
- Make print settings adjustments and then tap Print.
- Select the document you want to print, then right-hand click on the Devices menu.
- Make sure your printer has a wireless network connection. If not, you must once add a printer to install the built-in driver for the printer.
- Select the printer to use and alter the settings of the print.
- Tap Print and then have fun printing.
- Ensure that your Amazon phone has a MobiSystems Office Suite App installed.
- Choose the document from the app you want to print and then tap Print Option Modify the print settings to your requirements and then select print.
- To begin the print work, confirm the printer and print settings and then touch Print.
Wireless-capable computer printing.
Without connecting to a wireless network, you can print directly on your HP Officejet Pro printer via wireless HP.
How to print from a Wireless PC (Windows)?
- Make sure the HP Wireless Direct option is enabled.
- Now you need to switch the Wi-Fi link on your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.
- Connect to a fresh network from your laptop, as you generally do.
- Select the wireless network to which you want to link. (NOTE: Select your printer name to be listed as Hp-Print0**-ENVY XXXX.) On request, enter a network safety code.
- If the network is used by your printer through a USB connection, do the following.
- On the basis of your operating scheme, do the following
- Windows 8: Start–––>app bar––> All applications––> Name of printer––> Services.
- Windows 7, Wind Vista and Windows XP: Start ––> All programs–>HP–> Printer Folder.–> Printer folder.
- Select Setup & Software for Printer and then tap Connect a fresh printer.
- In the Connection Options dialog box, select Wireless option. Select the HP printer software from the list displayed.
- Now follow the directions on the screen to finish the process.
- Print the document you need. Print the document.
How do I connect to the printer wirelessly without a router?
- Switch on the direct wireless from the control panel of the printer.
- Touch the Wireless Direct icon on the home screen of the printer.
- Choose Settings if the Wireless Direct setting is Off.
- Go back to Wireless Direct, pull ON (Safety No) or ON (Security No).
- If the Wireless Direct is enabled, find the direct wireless and password.
- Click the direct wireless icon on the home screen of the printer.
- To show the wireless name directly, select Display Name.
- To show the password, select Display Password.
- Switch on your computer or mobile device wireless link.
- Search your desired printer and then connect it to the immediate wireless name.
- Enter the Wireless Direct password when requested.
- Try to print a portable or computer document or picture.
How is wireless computer printing (OS X)?
- Ensure that your HP direct wireless is enabled.
- Turn on AirPort.
- When you click the AirPort icon, choose the HP direct wireless name mentioned under HP-Print-**-ENVY XXXX. Add your HP printers.
- Choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan, depending on the operating scheme you use, under the System Preferences section.
- On the left corner of the printers list, select the + (plus) symbol.
- Tap your desired printer and then press Add.
How to connect HP Printer to windows?
- On your desktop screen, click the Start button.
- Type’ Add Printer’ in the search menu bar.
- A fresh dialog box shows and asks which sort of printer you would like to install.
- Choose Add a wireless network or Bluetooth printer.
- Choose’ Use a port already existing’ and click Next.
- If your USB connection is chosen, select Add a local printer.
- Select the name of the printer from the list of accessible alternatives and then press Next.
- A fresh dialog box opens requesting that the printer driver be installed.
- Go to the Update tab for Windows and tap HP or Hewlett Packard.
How to connect HP Printer to your Smartphone or Tablet ?
- Select the Network or Wireless menu on your computer.
- Tap Wireless Wizard Setup.
- When requested, enter the SSID and WEP important (password).
- Your printer will soon be linked to the wireless network.
- Now print a test report to verify that the printer is all right.
How to connect the HP Printer to your MAC ?
- Choose Network or Wireless menu and click Setup.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard from the list of accessible alternatives.
- Wireless networks are listed on the screen. Select the one you want to use.
- On request, enter the WEP password of the wireless network key.
- Your printer is shortly to be linked to the wireless network. Once attached, print a test report to see if the printer is working correctly.
- Also, the MAC printer driver must not be installed individually. It is automatically mounted when you update the software for the Apple device.
- Now, attach a USB connection to your HP printer and your Apple device.
- Connect other equipment via wired or wireless Internet.
- Go to the Apple device Menu choice and update touch software. Otherwise, select Software Updates and About this Mac.
- Now, select Install.
How to connect the HP Printer to your MAC ?
- Select System Preferences and open the Apple Menu.
- Go to the Hardware tab, then select Print and Fax.
If your HP printer is listed,
- Roll up your pointer on (-)minus sign, and remove the printer, Now press the sign (+) and add a fresh printer.
- Select the name of the printer when it appears on the screen.
- Click OK now to proceed.
If your HP printer has not been listed,
- Roll your mouse pointer close to (+) sign up and then click Add Printer or Scanner.
- When the printer names appear, select one of the options.
- Click the Continue option button.
- Choose the name of the printer in the Print Using box.
- Download and install the software for the Apple printer.
123.hp.com/oj5740 PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
If the 123 hp officejet 5740printer does not print (no prints)
- If the printer does not print (nothing is printed) If print jobs are stuck in the queue, all documents can be rebooted and all the documents are canceled. Try to print a page after the restart process has been completed.
- When the printer is off, an alert message should be displayed on your computer screen. If not, then the HP software you have installed has a issue. Uninstall and reinstall the software to prevent additional issues.
- Checking that all cable connections are safe and tight is always important. If there’s a loose link, substitute it with a fresh cable.
- If the red light on the wireless icon does not flash, you must inspect the wireless link of your printer. Try to print a wireless test report to diagnose and resolve your printer issues.
- Check whether the installed firewall software on your desktop prevents communication between your desktop and your printer. In this scenario, momentarily disable the firewall and proceed with the print work. Once the pages are printed, switch to the firewall.
- If you don’t yet respond to your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer after performing the above measures, attempt restarting both the computer and the printer.
When something is missing or wrong on the page
- Check the usb cable length and the place of the printer. Sometimes the elevated electromagnetic fields produced by the USB can trigger small distortions and damage the printout quality.
- Drive your HP printer away from the electromagnetic field in this situation.
- A cable less than 3 meters long is suggested to decrease the impacts of the electromagnetic field.
We are established third party technical support team, we are not at all associated with any other party or company directly. We sincerely respect other company’s brand name, and logo as well as products. We assure that these are used at our interface only for reference purpose, these do not relate with any category directly. We are totally independent company and we maintain the work and support as a third party only.