HP Envy 7640 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer is a best fit for InkJet printing done at home and small offices. Now you can accomplish print, fax, scan, copy and photo prints all from the unique 123.hp.com/envy7640 Printer. You can get to a print speed of 14 black and 21 colour prints consistently on every day basis. HP Envy 7640 is present with an external USB host and memory card reader for quick print and fax without requiring a network.
HP Envy 7640 Printer is built-in with an individual Photo Tray for loading photo cards and thus eliminating the delay present in changing papers within Input Tray. Also you get an external ADF Tray for conveniently processing a multi-page copy and scan documents. HP Envy 7640 Wireless feature is securely built for and be utilized in Mobile Printing Solution. HP Smart App should easy connect to printer and then enable your mobile and tablet to wireless print. Now you can print borderless photos at remarkable quality that exhibits permanence. HP Envy 7640 is a Fax compatible setup that is present with digital storage facility for automatic fax transmission.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Driver Download and Install
- Initially power up 123.hp.com/envy 7640 Printer
- Shut down all open programs that are running on windows. Then begin the install the driver software
- Go to 123.hp.com/envy 7640 and then search for the download link to get the printer driver. Ensure that the software is compatible to computer OS
- Follow the screen instructions to Save or Run the Setup 7640 to the downloads folder
- Open the downloads folder and then run the Auto Setup file to install the HP Envy 7640 Printer Driver successfully
Steps involved in the HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup
- Go to the printer menu in the control panel and then enable the Wireless Direct feature
- Initially you have to get the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 connected to a wireless network
- Then try to reset the printer power and then check for the wireless LED light to glow steadily
- Go to the Google Play Store in your mobile and then install the HP Smart App
- Ensure that you have the default printer name and security password
- Go to Wi-Fi connection settings in your mobile and then switch it to ON position
- Open the HP Smart App and then select the desired photos that need to be shared
- You can also share the photo from the main menu tab
- Tap Print button and then select the print settings according to the File to Print
- Then try to select the desired Wi-Fi Printer Setup. Tap Print
- If a network authentication message is prompted over the screen then try to provide the security password
- Tap Print to initiate the Photo Print Job
How to Setup the HP Envy 7640 Fax?
Send Fax using the Scanner Glass
- If you have a single sheet to scan then place it over the scanner glass thus strictly limiting from the marked engraved lines. Shut down the scanner lid
- Touch the screen display and then tap Fax Setup. Then choose Send a Fax tab
- Manually punch in the recipient fax number and then tap Fax option. You can send either a Black or Colour Fax from the control panel
- The HP Envy 7640 Fax should dial up the recipient number and upon its successful connection the fax should be sent immediately
123 HP Envy 7640 for Fax Transmission
Setting up the Fax
Step 1: Requisites for the HP Envy 7640 Fax Setup
- A Land line Telephone Network
- HP Ink Cartridges for Installation
- Load the Input Tray with plain paper sheets
- Find and keep the telephone cord and adaptors ready for fax setup
Step 2: Fax Connection Installation
- Observe and find for the phone jack to disconnect it. Take away the Telephone device. Now establish a phone jack connection straight from the HP Envy 7640 Fax Port through the use of a phone cord
- Get rid of the protective form from the printer 2-Ext port end
- Utilize the printer 2-Ext port to connect a answering machine
- Get a phone cable and then engage it to the 1-LINE port present in your printer. Thereafter connect the other end of phone cable to a phone jack
- Open the printer menu screen and then tap Fax. Select the Setup button
- Follow the screen instructions to enable your HP Envy 7640 to send faxes
- Tap Home button to return to printer home screen
Step 3: Change Fax Settings
123.hp.com/Setup 7640 Fax is built-in with a default fax settings that is good enough for sending and receiving faxes any time. However if you could change few of the fax settings then you can definitely operate the HP Envy 7640 Fax at maximum productivity.
Send direct Faxes from Automatic Document Feeder
- Send faxes using the ADF Tray and HP Envy 7640 Scanner
- Move the paper width guides far apart within the Automatic Document Feeder
- Then place the original in the ADF Tray with the print side kept upward
- Move the paper width guides towards the originals to keep them firm and unmoved. Be careful to order the fax pages according to the indexing numbers
- Enter the receiver fax number over the screen display and then try to choose either a black or coloured fax transmission
Add Contacts to HP Envy 7640 Phone Book
- Touch the control screen panel and then tap Fax from the printer task bar
- Select Send Now button and then choose Phone Book
- Tap Contact button and then tap the ‘+’ Sign button
- Enter the recipient name and the fax number using the screen keyboard. Tap Done button
- You should now have a contact added to the HP 7640 Phone Book
- Scroll the contact listing to select the desired fax number and to forward the fax
Configure the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 Fax Speed
- Touch the screen display and then go to the magic frame window to find for the Fax Setup. Touch Fax option
- Now select the Fax Setup and then choose Preferences option
- Select the Fax Speed tab and then choose from Slow, Medium and Fast Mode
Initialize the fax volume setting
- Follow the above steps to access the Fax Setup in the control panel screen
- Tap Preferences and then select Display option
- Select Fax Volume and then slide across the volume bar to set Soft, Off and Loud volume range
HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing over Windows and Mac OS
123 HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing over Windows OS
Get your printer to duplex print documents using the windows OS and print settings. Try to match the print settings according to the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer and then print 2-sided documents.
Stepwise procedures to duplex printing:
You can access the print dialog and then select print on two side’s option to duplex print utilizing the default HP Envy 7640 Software.
- Check if the Input Tray is sufficient stacked with A4 Sheets and then prevent yourself from page ordering issue
- Open a print document and then click Print button
- Make sure you select the desired printer name over the print dialog window
- Click Printer Properties or Preferences button and then begin to change the given below print settings
- Locate the Printing shortcut tab and then select Print on Both Sides checkmark box to enable it
- Unable to find the Printing shortcut tab then you can simply go to Layout tab and then enable duplex print setting
- Then you should try to select the binding or page flip option to continue double-sided printing utilizing 123.hp.com/envy 7640. You might require this print setting while performing a booklet printing
- Click OK and then click Print. You should now get the print document in duplex format without causing a delay
- If the Duplex Printing is undone or failed then you may have to manually print the front side of the document and then turn it over to replace it within the Input Tray. In case you have a bunch of paper to print then follow the given below guidelines
- From the print dialog window go to print layout. Now try to select the Even Pages only checkbox and then print the entire document at once
- Obtain the prints from the Output Tray and then re-order the print document according to odd pages alignment
- Then try to select the Odd Pages only setting and then print all of the Odd page of the print document to finish duplex printing
123 HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing over Mac
- Make sure to stack the Input Tray with sufficient A4 Sheets and then avoid page ordering issue
- Open any document to print and then click Print tab
- Go on to select the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 controls from the print dialog
- Click the Show Details link to view a list of printer properties
- Click the nameless menu button to select paper handling option
- Select Odd Pages only and then click OK button
- According to the printer model try to select the page order menu. If paper is feed from the rear side then choose Automatic paper handling setting. Otherwise for the front side paper feed you can choose Manual paper handling setting
- Click Print and then receive all printed document from the Output Tray. Then proceed to the next stages of duplex printing
Step 2: Print the Even side of your document
Once again load the Input Tray with the even sides of the print pages kept facing upward. You can once again go to paper handling settings and then revert to Even Pages settings and then begin with the duplex print process. You can either print a Booklet or a Tablet depending upon the chosen paper tray model.
123 HP 7640 Input Tray featured with Rear Side:
- At first try to estimate if the duplex print will be a page printed along the long edge or short edge
- Begin to print the front side of the document and then collect all of the printed sheets to re-load it to the Input Tray
- Open the print menu and then try to select Even Only Pages according to the Booklet or Tablet Printing task
- Flip the paper sheet by resting the print side down with the long edge of the sheet hitting the tray edge
- Alternately flip the paper sheet by laying it with print side down and short edge of the sheet touching the tray edge
- Select Automatic Paper Handing from the Page Order menu button
- Click Print button
123 HP Envy 7640 Input Tray featured with Front Side:
- Prior to duplex printing try to confirm if a booklet or tablet printing is selected
- Try printing the front side of the document and then retrieve it to be re-loaded to Input Tray
- From the print menu option try to select Even Pages Only with respect to the Booklet, Tablet Printing
- Invert the paper sheet by keeping the print side down and long edge hitting the tray edge
- Repeat the above step by simply altering the paper sheet with short edge feed first
- Select Manual Paper Handling from Page Order menu
- Click Print button
123 HP Envy 7640 Mobile Printing Solutions
Given here are a few number of ePrint Services that should enable you to print Photos from a Smart Phone and Tablet devices.
ePrint Services in 123 HP Envy 7640 Printer
Follow the given below steps to utilize the HP ePrint remote service from any given mobile.
ePrint App Web Service
HP Envy 7640 Printer enables you to print from photos, web pages, documents and emails using the ePrint App. It also supports Dropbox and Google Drive for cloud printing over a remote network. This web service from HP Envy 7640 Printer requires the access to Internet Connection for featuring the mobile printing. For knowing about how to setup ePrint services you have to click the 123 HP Envy 7640 setup procedure.
HP Envy 7640 AiO Remote App
HP AiO Remote App is compatible for 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer and therefore is capable of print, copy and scan photos and documents right from your mobile devices. Simply install the HP Remote App in your mobile and then enable the wireless printer to connect to a 123 HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup Network. For more information read the HP Remote App setup procedure from the website.
Mobile Print using Chromebook
Begin to connect the Chromebook and your HP Envy 7640 Printer to a unique wireless network. Chromebook can easy connect to your printer and then print photos from a chrome browser. You can also use some of the other Chrome devices to perform Mobile Printing. One major advantage of Chrome Printing is that you do not require a Google cloud enabled printer instead establish a local network connection. Click the Print from Chrome link to know more about chromebook setup and installation.
Wireless compatible Print Service Plug in for Android
You can get many number of wireless compatible print service plug-in’s from the Google Store that is especially built for Android devices. Using this Print Service Plugins now you can print securely over the cloud. You should have noticed these print service plugins by default installed to Nexus 5 mobiles powered with Android 4.4 or later version. In case you have a different mobile device then try to get the HP Print Service Plug in installed and then connect to your printer through a Wireless Protected Setup.
HP Print Service App for Kindle
While using a Kindle device you get the advantage to private print across many networks. Generally the HP Print Service Plug in is one of the basic apps utilized in getting your printer connected through an Android or Kindle Smart Phone and Tablet. You get this Print Service Plug in on most of the mobiles that includes HP Slate 7, Android 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Mojito Fire 3.0 and Kindle Fire HDX tablets.
123 HP Envy 7640 Wireless Direct Setup
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Direct Setup is usually a wireless connectivity that is established either to a Laptop or a mobile device for achieving prints at any given time. The HP Envy 7640 control panel is available with a Wireless Direct for processing the Print task On the Go.
Apple AirPrint Setup
You can print from 123.hp.com/envy 7640 printer using the AirPrint app that is always available on most of the Apple Mobiles like iPhone, iPad and iPod devices. Run the AirPrint app and then tap action menu button to select print tab. Then select the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer through Wi-Fi Direct connection. Click Apple AirPrint link to get any further clarifications.
HP Envy 7640 Google Cloud Print
Create an Google account or else try using the already possessing Google account to sign up Google Cloud Print Network. HP Envy 7640 is a cloud ready printer having a default email address for easily registering to Google Cloud Print. You should definitely have the printer cloud connected for printing using Google Cloud Print. Read the website to know about using Google Cloud Print.
Mopria Print Service
Every HP Envy Printer is supported by Mopria Print Service and this includes your 123.hp.com/setup 7640. This allows you to operate the HP 7640 for mobile printing. Typically all the Android mobiles are Mopria Print Service activated thus enabling you to print using HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup Network and Wireless Direct Connections. Browse through the website guidelines to android print with Mopria Print Services.
Near Field Communication Setup
NFC Local Wireless Network is built to be secured while connecting your Note Book, Tablet and Laptops all the time. It is a private print network that requires security password to begin the printing process. Further it does not require a local network connection to be established for operating NFC Print.
Samsung Print Service Plug in for Mobile Printing
Samsung Print Service Plug in is a compatible app support by your HP Printer. Now you can use a Smart Phone and Tablet to get connected to a network enabled HP Envy 7640 Printer and then print photo, email, document and webpages. Get this Samsung Print app directly from Google Play Store and then install it to your mobile and tablet. Find from our website to learn more about mobile printing through Samsung Print Service.
HP Envy 7640 Wi-Fi secure Printing
HP Envy 7640 is powerfully built to connect over a Wi-Fi and then secure print without needing the local network access. It is a similar technology like Bluetooth and can provide reliable connectivity at a faster speed. Click the HP Wi-Fi Direct Printing webpage to know more about it.
Print from a Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Mobile is present with a flexible mobile print solution that would enable you to sturdy connect with 123.hp.com/envy 7640. Read the Print with Windows 10 Mobile webpage and then try mobile printing.
123 HP Envy 7640 Google Cloud Printer Setup
HP Envy 7640 is a cloud ready printer that can be installed ubiquitously over any cloud enabled network. Now you can print all kinds of documents and photos from a wireless capable mobile device.
Step 1: Sign up for a Google Cloud Print Account
If you have a chromebook or chrome browser then creating an account in Google Cloud Print Network is a lot easier. While registering your HP Envy 7640 Printer try to use the default email address for Cloud Printing.
- For registering with Google Cloud Print you would need some of the following requirements
- Your Computer OS should be a Cloud Print compatible software
- Get Google Chrome installed to your computer
- Ensure that the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 and computer be wireless connected to one common network
- Switch on the printer power and then get connected to your Google Cloud Print Network
- Open a Chrome browser and then click menu button to select Settings tab. Click the Show Advanced Settings link
- Click the Google Cloud Print and then select Manage button. You should get a window appearing with a list of cloud ready printers
- Check for the desired printer status to be available then register it immediately. At last get the confirmation page printed
- If your HP Envy 7640 Printer is already registered on Google Cloud then your printer model will not appear in the manage printer listings
- It may also be sometimes that your printer is insufficient for cloud printing. Then you should simply create a Google Cloud Print classic registration account and then begin printing
Step 2: Google Cloud Print a Document
You can now connect any mobile device over the Google Cloud Print and then print any desired document from HP Envy 7640 Printer. Sign into Google account and then open the Cloud Print Job for instant printing through Chrome.
- Click Menu button to select Print tab. Click Upload file to select a file from your mobile device
- Then select your 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer and then change the print settings. Click Print button
Print from an email to web pages
- Log in Google Cloud Print and then view the email or webpage prints in a separate browser tab
- Click the menu disclosure tab and then select Print command
- Ensure that a destined printer is selected and then go ahead to change print settings
- Manually create the print over web settings according to the email or webpage that is targeted for printing
- Click Print button
Print a document in Google Drive
- Sign into Google account and then click Google web service button. Select Google Drive and then try to locate the print document
- Open this document and then click Print button
- Make sure the HP Envy 7640 is select for cloud printing and then change the print settings
- Click Print button
Google Cloud Print using a Smart Phone Setup
- Get the Google Cloud Print app downloaded from Google Play Store and then install it in your Smart Phone
- Tap Settings and then connect to a Wi-Fi Network. Then go with ePrinting process
- Touch the Print option present in your Photo prints
- Change the print settings and then tap Print
- Another method is to add a Cloud Print and then open a desired photo or document
- Try to select the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer and thereafter its print settings. Tap Print button
Connect Apple Mobiles to Google Cloud Print
Initially the Google Cloud Print app should be installed to your Apple Mobile for enabling it to cloud print.
- Open Google Drive app in your Apple device and then sign into Google account. Now go to My Drive folder
- Select a Print document from My Drive and then open it. Tap Print option
- Alter the print settings according to the document you wish to print. Tap Print to begin cloud printing directly from Google Drive
Cloud Print Gmail attachment
- Try to access the Gmail Inbox and then view the print message
- Click Menu disclosure button to choose Print option. Then select 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer
- Click the print settings that you want to change and then proceed to click Print button
Web Page Printing
- Open a Chrome browser and then view the desired web page for print purpose
- Click the Actions menu button and then select Print tab
- Once the print window pane appears try to select HP Envy 7640 Printer
- Then update and change the default print settings. Click Print button